How To Apply
How It Works:
Our application process is ever evolving to maximize efficiency, fairness and our criterion. Please read carefully:
The application is available for applying Jan 1-31, May 1-31 and September 1-30. We then release funds for the chosen applicants to their clinic shortly thereafter.
The application is now shorter and in a two part process. We require basic medical and financial information to ensure eligibility and criterion is met. Those applicants are then shortlisted based on a grading system compiled by the Board.
If shortlisted, the applicant(s) will be required to submit specific financials to the Board.
Using the same criterion from the first round, we will then select a couple/individual who best meets the criteria for funding.
1. Applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan.
2. Applicants must either have a diagnosis of infertility from a medical professional or a specialized need for fertility treatments (ie. same sex couples).
3. Applicant age limit for women is 44.
4. Applicant age limit for men is 50.
5. Applicants must prove financial need. While there isn’t a salary cap, please note we evaluate your income, debts, assets and spending habits
6. Applicants must be able to pay for the remainder of their treatment.
7. Applicants may reapply as many times as they want but recipients are only eligible for one grant per lifetime.
Give yourself lots of time to complete the application. It’s not easy reliving and remembering your struggles and hardships. Create an account to give yourself time and not risk the chance of losing your application.
Make sure you read over the application in full before beginning. Failure to answer the questions accordingly will result in potential disqualification.
Refer to your bank statements to complete the household budget. Many people don’t realize how much they spend on miscellaneous things.
Be honest. We will require proof of ALL financial statements made in the preliminary application.
Take bubble baths, make time for yourself and communicate with your family/friends/partner. Fertility struggles are difficult and relentless; we want this process to be as stress free as possible for you as you apply and share your story with us.